When it comes to buying pallets the options are limitless and it is crucial that you select the right pallet to avoid accidents, keep your staff and products safe, and get the job done as efficiently as possible. So how do you find the pallet that’s right for your products and/or application? An experienced pallet manufacturer can help guide you through the process and ensure you get the pallet that meets your needs, but here are a few things to be aware of:
Type of Pallets
When determining the pallet that’s right for you, the load bearing capacity and size need to be carefully considered. In addition, there are many different types of pallets and they are created differently based on how they are to be used. Here the common pallet types:
- Export pallets- These pallets are created for shipping needs and are only intended for one way shipping.
- Stacking pallets- As the name suggests, stacking pallets are designed with a bottom so you can stack one loaded pallet on top of another one.
- Racking pallets- These pallets are compatible with racking systems. They are constructed to support their capacity while stored on a rack with a front and back beam.
- Display pallets- Often used in retail stores for displaying merchandising, these pallets are basically half pallets and are usually 24×40.
- Drum pallets- Specifically used to contain spills and keep drums securely in place with indented rings.
- Nestable pallets- These are a good option when working with limited space, nestable pallets have peg legs that join together when stacked.
Identify All Uses of Your Pallets
Think about how you will be using and handling your pallets and be sure to communicate that with your pallet manufacturer. Will you use a forklift or pallet jack to organize your products? Will you be using a racking system? Will you be using pallets for shipping, storage or both? If you are shipping your pallets, will they be shipped internationally? Will you be using your pallets long term or just for one time use?
Do You Have Unique Needs?
We can create custom pallets, manufactured for your specific shipping or storage needs. Unlike other pallet companies, we have a quick turnaround time for custom pallets, often in just 3-4 days.